First Half of November
The first half of November in Illinois has been warm and dry, according to preliminary data from November 1-15, 2010. The statewide average temperature was 47.3 degrees, 2.9 degrees above normal. The statewide average precipitation was only 0.21 inches, only 13 percent of normal for the first half of November.
Past November’s in Illinois
- The driest November on record was 1904 with 0.28 inches.
- November 2007 was the 25th driest with 1.75 inches.
- November 2008 was the 20th driest with 1.48 inches.
- November 2009 was near-normal with 2.47 inches.
- Normal state-wide precipitation for November is 3.34 inches.
The term “normal” refers to the 1971-2000 average.